Freeze trace - keep as overlay

One great feature i would like to see, if possible, is a button to “freeze” a trace as an overlay.
The trace would then act as a reference trace used when comparing and adjusting a circuit, tuning filter parameters, equalizers and whatnot.
Would that be possible? Would two freezed traces be possible? (sort of upper and lower limit lines)

2 Likes

I’m not sure exactly if it is what you are looking for but I frequently use snapshot.
Located in EDIT>SNAPSHOT then choose channel. It will freeze an overlay of the selected channel.
Josh

1 Like

Thank you, i was not aware of the snapshot, until you mentioned it, thank you!

Another useful tip is you can press L to snapshot and display left channel data and then press it again to hide it. Helpful if you holding probes. Same works for R key.

2 Likes

@matt
It would be good if you could save the snapshots and load them as needed.

Yes, agree, that would be good. One issue is that currently the snapshot needs to be the same parameters (FFT size, window, etc) to make for a useful comparison. But maybe there could be a way to import a time series and make it persist.

1 Like

…or save / load all parameters with the overlay. It would be a useful feature to initially test an amplifier and then again after modification, as there could be a few weeks between.