QA403 384Khz sampling rate

Hi @Matt. I wanted to know if there are any plans to enable 384 Khz sampling rate for QA403. Thank you

Hi @Claudio, I think the ADC side works at 384, but the DAC side does not due to the timing margin being too tight across the isolation buffer. Currently, I think the DAC sprays out gibberish, but that probably should be replaced with all zeros. On the QA403, can you select the 384K rate?

Hi @Matt. On my QA403 the 384 KHz sampling rate appears to be disabled, or I don’t know how to enable it. It would be a good thing if it were enabled on the ADC side and then you could use the ADC side at this sample rate. If there is a way to enable it that I don’t know, can you show me how to do it? Thank you

Hi @Claudio, I just checked and it’s not currently enabled. What we will add is a command line switch to enable 384K on the ADC only, and then the button will get enabled. And if people are finding it useful and reliable, we’ll go in and do the work to disable generation at 384K sample rate. But for now, if you have generation enabled in 384K, gibberish will come out of the DACs.

Hi @Matt. Thank you and I am very much looking forward to the enabling of 384 KHz sampling for the ADC. It is very important for me to be able to use the ADC at this sampling rate. Eventually I will use an external generator to overcome the DAC problem.

Hi @Matt. Is there any news about enabling the 384 KHz sampling rate? Thanks

Hi @Claudio, it will be in the next release, but that is probably a few weeks out at this point. Thanks, Matt

Hi @Matt. Very good. Thank you

@matt Is this still in development or is it clear by now that it can’t be implemented? E.g. for measuring input transformers that usually ring around or beyond 100k it would be nice to have.

Hi @THDaniel, it might be doable if users were able to tweak timing options on the command line. But that’s a bit too much for most. I think you can specify -384k on the command line and get the ADC side to run at 384k. The DAC output will be garbage, so don’t have anything hooked up to the analyzer output.

Hi!
I just got my new QA403. I’m trying to get up to speed on how to use this up to 384kSps.

What is the magic command line syntax that enables the 384kSps ADC’s? That seems to have been left out of this discussion. And which command line option are we talking about? Is this a windows DOS command line, linux command line, HRL command, etc? I’m a little lost.

I’m still trying to figure out how to use the http://localhost:9402 syntax for issuing get, put commands etc. For example, I just tried http://localhost:9402/status/version, but I get an exception when I try to do that.
Thanks,
Nathan

FYI … I figured out the syntax to make the QA403 work at Fs = 384kSps. The windows command line syntax, is “QA40x.exe -384k”. Like this …
CommandLineOption

Hi @nathanbaltz, yes correct. Just be aware that the DAC won’t work at 384, only the ADC.