QA404 and QA403 Update

Thats nice News, i don’t know whats going on backstage so i am asking question :wink:

This Thread was quit now for 2 Years so anyone need to make question :wink:

I am realy need an Device like Q403 but with AES in and Out for my actual Project with RME HDSPe AES Card,

Still looking around for an Alternative but there are only realy expensive RME Interfaces like Digiface AES (1700€) that comes close to my need’s :frowning:

It uses ESS Sabre types (ES9842Pro A‑D and ES9080Q D‑A)

On my Project i use 8x SMSL SU-2 Dacs for 16 analogue Channel Out that uses the newer ES9039Q2M and reaches 123dB SINAD

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/pc-based-dsp-with-rme-hdspe-aes-and-camilladsp-project-for-full-surround-digital-aktive-setup.440807/

So i am waiting for youre Device still, hoping the Values measured are better or at leased the same than the RME Digiface AES :wink: and i wish it gets an ASIO Driver for Windows thats compatible with ASIO for ALL so i could use the HDMI Out from my Computer (7.1) and the QA404 at the same time on REW, but thats only dreaming :wink: .

Alternatively i could use this USB to AES Interface (479€) but that would not work with an QA403 together (ADC for Room measuring) on REW with ASIO. I like to have all in one Box thou.

https://www.thomann.de/de/yellowtec_puc2_lite.htm

Cheepest RME Option seems that (1239€):

https://www.thomann.de/de/rme_fireface_ucx_ii.htm?gad_source=1&gad_campaignid=1576042984&gclid=CjwKCAjw_KjVBhAHEiwAnC0N9NBwNDypFwxa1IBQfH8v-eWXbEnnC-NEFIGAucWzr04GyYkTLjy_whoCzJgQAvD_BwE

Thank you for the update Matt. The QA404 seems to be a major new development which has not much to do with the early ideas you published 2 or 3 years back. While waiting for the new product, I continue working with the QA403 which is perfect for 90% of my needs.

Of course I’m very interested to see any preliminary information you can provide.

BR Andy

Hi

on 404 there is a better case to have a improved isolation from external EMI? On my 403 I am testing some solution to have a better isolation

Hi @walge, what external EMI frequencies are you most troubled by?

Hi

Mainly from ext power trafos
The 50 hz sometimes is present and it changed if I move the 403
I am preparing a mumetal foil and test a addition al box

Walter Gentilucci
+39 335343255

Hi @walge, radiated power line is tough to block, and you will usually get the biggest bang for the buck just by reorienting your setup. But if you do build a test box, please share your results here as it’d be interesting to see

Hi

I will try!!

Walter