QA-403-Your Best Estimate

Matt- Your Best Estimate on ship date QA-403-
30/60/90/120 days # of months?? Something at least-

Your Best Estimate on ship date QA-403

I wish I knew. I’m pretty sure the 30 and 60 are off the table. Dates that were previously committed for shipping certain parts have pushed out. No reason given.

Confidence has fallen enough that a QA404 has been started. I wish I had better info…

1 Like

what part is missing?

I am in the same boat where I have found this amazing piece of kit (QA403) that would do exactly what I need for a reasonable price…but cannot buy it. I understand that it must be frustrating for Matt as well as being a business strain (I checked today and all products are out of stock!). I would be perfectly happy with an external power brick instead of relying on the USB 5V if this is what it takes to get some stock back.

Ivan

Hi Matt. Could you give us a provisional overview of the QA404 in terms of feature set and performance?

Thanks.

Hi @aaa, all subject to change of course but…

1. Front panel RCA coax for SPDIF TX/RX. This is shared with the front-panel I2S interface, so they can’t be used at the same time
  2. 384Kbps DAC and ADC
  3. Isolation removed
  4. 3-5 dB improvement DAC THDN compared to QA403.

Not sure yet on the date, maybe around first of the year. Front panel 3D is shown below.

Thanks for the very interesting progress report Matt.

Just curious, what would it take to lower residual distortion by, say 10-12 dB over the QA403? Is that possible without a major cost increase?

Also, is it wise to remove the isolation? Is that due to supply chain problems?

Hi @aaa, yes, the isolation is a supply issue. And in spite of TI bringing two new fabs on line this year, they are still quoting delivery times in excess of a year. I think the isolation is always preferred.

The distortion figures are pretty close to what is achieved by the converters, meaning there’s not much more to be had there. The most expensive analyzers out there are using tunable analog oscillators and notch filters to get the last 5-10 dB of performance. The QA480 does the same, but only at 1 kHz.

Update Matt? Your Best Estimate on ship date QA-403

Hi @CESAUDIOPRO, at this point it’s impossible to know because the shipment dates on the isolation parts cannot be confirmed by TI (and Skyworks). Mouser just sent a mail on October 12 that there are production issues with the SN6505DBVT and they “will advise” when ready. The other order for SN6505DBVR is indicated as November 2, 2023 (yes, more than one year). There are orders in other places. But I think this highlights just how broken things are right now. BTW, those two part numbers are the same part, just different size tape and reel. Weird, I know

Thanks, Matt

Hello Matt,

Just passing by to see if there is an update on the dates for the QA404, is Jan still on the cards? Thanks Ivan

Hi @IvanR, I don’t think January was ever in the cards, but yes, first quarter. It will likely be the usual roll out where orders are shipped first to the US, and then rest-of-world a few weeks after that.

Cool thanks, looking forward to the product being available. I am unfortunately part of rest of the world (UK). I will keep an eye on the website and order when possible. Ivan

I’ve been able to glean out of the forum here that when the 403/404 get close to release, that an email will be sent out…
I don’t show any emails like this ever being received here, or no in a very long time…other than direct communication with Matt-- What’s up on this?? I’m subscribed… They are not in spam.

No emails have been sent out…or not in a long time?
There is a problem in the settings of the email subscription?
IE How will I ever know pre order status-?
… I’d say that’s why people are asking.
Probably wise to at least send out a general email, rather than depend/expect people to check the forum-
I mean…send something…some kind of update??

Hello Matt, I’m interested in a new QA40x and would like to be notified when available.
Maybe it’s a good idea, like CESAUDIOPRO said: send out emails to the users that subscribed to be notified (me included) that the subscription worked.
And then tell us on the forum when it happened, this way we know if the subscription worked…
or not.
Thanks.

1 Like