QA403 & Windows 7

Hi,

My lab PC is running Windows 7 (it connects to the internet rarely). Will the QA403 driver run on Windows 7? I installed v1.201 and it launches, but I’m not sure the communication will work properly.

Thank you,
Morty

Hi @MTarr, I think the answer is “probably not” because the QA403 uses a driverless install that only came in Windows 10. However, MSFT I think MSFT did offer a backport to Win7. And I have heard from someone using Win7 in a factory that it did work. Give it a try and report back when time permits. And it probably wouldn’t hurt if Win7 wants to update everything to try unless you are opposed to that for some reason.

Hi Matt,
Thank you for the reply. I found that post, so I became interested. My (HP) PC says it has an USB Enhanced host controller. I’ll try it and get back to you.
Having to purchase a new PC also at least doubles the cost of converting from my HP339A/HP5380A to the QA403.
-Morty

Hi @MTarr, have you looked at some of the mini PCs out there? These are pretty cheap, and come with Win11. I’ve written before about $100 mini PCs…