Running Tests fail: "Method not found"

Just tried to run a first batch of tests. Unfortunately, the tests fail, the log file says Method not found: ‘Void Com.QuantAsylum.QA401Interface.SetDisplayTraces(Boolean, Boolean)’.

Tractor version 1.0 freshly installed.

Who can help?

Thank you!

Daniel

1 Like

Hi @niedal, you need to update the QAAnalyzer app to 1.908 or later.

In Tractor release 0.998 and QAAnalyzer release 1.908, there was extra code put in place so that trace visibility was turned on and off depending on the user option in Tractor. This is so that when you are testing only the left channel, then just the left channel displays in the analyzer app. Or, if you are testing both channels, then both channels display, etc.

There’s a note about the QAAnalyzer version in the 0.998 release notes. I’ll also add that to the latest releases. I just looked at the Tractor source and some reason the version check where the user is warned is done when you have several instruments connected (eg QA401 and QA450) but not if you have a single QA401 is connected. That will be fixed.

Thanks for reporting

Hi Matt,

thank you for the quick answer, this is great service.

Well, the error message has gone. Unfortunately, the Tractor tests do not work. It seems that measuring our USB DAC together with mirroring in the QA app does not work. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

Daniel

mail-signature-info-page001.jpg

Hi Daniel, yes you are correct, mirroring does not work in Tractor. In Tractor there is a way to call an EXE. In a test environment, I think you’d want to call an EXE you write yourself to put your test hardware into a well defined mode to generate the bit-exact tone you want. That way you can ensure that Windows isn’t doing anything in the background (eg sample rate conversions).

So, let’s say you wrote an EXE called SetMyDac.exe and it took a command line that allowed you to specify level and frequency, that might look like

SetMyDac /L=-10 /F=1000

Then, you’d call the ShellA00 command to set the tone generation:

And then you’d measure whatever you needed to measure.

1 Like

Hi Matt,

yes, I see. At the moment we will do the tests manually.

Thank you for your detailed description. Hopefully we will find the time in the future for writing an exe file.

Kind regards, Daniel

mail-signature-info-page001.jpg