SneakPeek: The QA403

Hi @Claudio, you effectively get that if you use a USB hub–you can use whatever 5V supply you want with that hub. Or, you can use a USB power injection cable. These are cables that have a path for the data and a separate path for your power supply.

There are also versions of these that are one-piece molded connectors.

@matt any update on ordering?

Just bumping this question.

Hi @Moto, no update yet. The dates above are still the goal: Begin orders later this month and start shipping a few weeks later. I hope next week some performance graphs can be shared on the REVF hardware.

Hi Matt, will the initial orders be geo limited or will it be worldwide availability from the start?

Hi @twitchie, probably US first so that if there’s an issue found we can get them back quickly and cheaply. But the entire build flow is same as QA402, so there’s not as much new stuff to prove out. Still TBD on the gap. Maybe a week or two.

Performance data on the QA403 is attached. Things are still on track for shipping next month.

QA403 Product Sheet REVB January 2022.pdf (1.3 MB)

So when can we order?

Hello Matt, nice results there!

Hi. Is the price already set?

Is the price already set?

The price is $549.

So when can we order?

I think the week of the Jan 31

Hello Matt,

This looks pretty great! Is it also possible to use no limits to approach 42dbv or is it a hard limit at 32?

Thank you

Hi Matt,
Any update on availability for next week?

Hi @Lgcm1982, the website should accept orders starting later this week.

Hi @Tonywood, yes, the “no limits” should work on the QA403 too.

1 Like

Been pinging the site obsessively looking to order. I feel like a (much poorer) version of Zuckerberg at the end of The Social Network ;0)

Is the plan to splash the QA403 on the front or on the “Current Products” page, or will the initial announcement & order option be hiding someplace more subtle?

Thanks, and good luck with the product launch!

Tony

Hi @tonyman108,

It looks like everything is set for orders starting tomorrow AM. Thanks for your patience.

Orders are now live.

Ordered mine. Out of curiosity, has there been a surge of early orders?

Hi Matt,
I think you are too enthusiastic with the text. I can’t make cheese from this text: “If you measure 0.0 dBV on the +6 dBV input range, you’ll measure 0.0 dBV on the +42 dBV input range. And with up to +18 dBV of output single-ended (and +24 dBV balanced), you’ll have plenty of headroom to push modern low-gain, high-power amps to their limits.”.

I just finally, FINALLY ordered mine. I lost on the 401 and 402, and been waiting forever for this thing. Hopefully, I will manage to have it in my hands next week!
I was also curious if all the people that wanted to buy one … did.