my name is Honza Juranek and I have just ordered QA401 for guitar pedal production testing. From my previous job I have experience with writing producion tests for some big automotive companies here in Europe - resistance measurements in steering wheel modules etc…
They had similar concept of plugins and teststep creation like you so this is the main reason why I choosed you - I simply like how are you doing things. But to meet our company requirments I need to implement some things into Tractor:
1) add support for barcode reader
- we cannot expect that operator won’t make mistake so we prefer to have barcode scanners (probably small QR code is the best option)
2) selfhosted database
- database has to be selfhosted on our server and the local copy of all data (test protocols) has to be on HDD
3) plugin for switching relays
- our company’s phylosophy is that we are not selling nice enclosure (they are nice actually ) but our product is the great SOUND. So just after populating SMT parts, we are testing all boards on needle testers if they work or not. To simulate potentiometers, switches etc… We need to be able to switch relays (plugin can have many functions like switch on relay, switch 5 relays at once etc…). I am designing universal relay card these days, so I can post pictures later and protocolo specification later. It will use RS232 for simple serial communication.
4) teststep code
- unique ID of each test step
5) output reports
- probably best in XML format, don’t have specification for this yet
My software guy wants to know if GIT repository is up to date and if you are considering to implement some of these. If not, can you send us some SW cookbook so we are all on same page? (Maybe you are implementing something which can cause incompability in later release - like completely reworked Tractor app).
P.S.: Sorry for my english. Please ask if you don’t understand