Using settings to load measurement/setting templates

Creating various settings and recalling them is an awesome timesaver, but there’s one setting which sadly isn’t being activated on load- the background colour.

I see it in the various settings files:
LightOnDark and vice versa.

It seems the flag is read for either LightOnDark or DarkOnLight on startup or load settings, BUT the software isn’t changing the background colour. If you go into settings to check the background colour, the correct scheme is highlighted, but not activated, until you press the OK, just like you would if you were doing it manually.

I’m sure it’s a very simple bug to fix.

Edit: I investigated a liitle more. If you change the colour scheme in the default.settings file it loads the correct background colour at startup (or remembers the last scheme by editing that file on close), but once the program is loaded and you open a new settings file, it won’t change the background colour via the same key value (or whatever it is called).

Side note:
Noticed the QA40x icon for the new version installation exe has an old bitmap/image?

John

1 Like

Hi @restorer-john, noted on the color scheme settings. There’s a release coming to put back some omissions in the IMD SMPTE code where the freqs aren’t appearing on the lower-right of the graph for the SMPTE this week. I’ll make sure the color scheme issue is addressed.

Do you see the QA402 icon anywhere in the app? Or is it just the installer?

Just the installer. Windows does some funny things with icons as you know, I thought I’d downloaded the ‘wrong’ installer for the QA403 at first, but realised I hadn’t.

The installer has the 402 icon

The program has the 40x icon

The new release seems really good- thank you for all yours, and your team’s tireless efforts with release updates. I owe you some beer.

Certainly would like to see the settings you have created.

Nothing special about them really.

You know, sometimes you just want the left channel settings in the order you want and sometimes just the right- you can save left only and right only.

Sometimes you may want smaller FFTs and averages, along with different measurements for fast testing.

Give the settings files names that mean something to you. I use names like “typical preamplifier” or “phono stage deviation”. Loading the file sets the unit exactly how you saved it- a great time saver and a really good way to ensure your tests remain consistent.

It’s very easy to change say an FFT size, an attenuator setting, averaging or even a sample rate and miss it, making you wonder why results aren’t repeatable. Using settings to load known, saved setups saves a lot of headscratching and saves a lot of time.

1 Like