Mac Studio Compatible?

Are QuantAsylum products compatible with Mac platforms, e.g., Mac Studio M1 Max running Sonoma 14.x OSX?

How are Mac users running QuantAsylum products?

I am hoping to verify the audio signal paths as used in my recording studio . . . from signal source to the final output. Much of the audio hardware is built around the API 2520 opamp, i.e., CAPI Series 500 kits. The signal chain runs externally through the patchbay IO, so signal quality could be degraded.

By the way . . . I am new to this forum, so Hello to all!

Cheers,

Hello,

I have a newish MacBook laptop with the M2 processor, run Parallels and Windows 11, it works perfectly.

Before paying for Parallels and Windows I tried to get it working using CrossOver for Mac and Wine. I could never get it to work.

I also bought a super cheap Windows laptop for about £100 on Amazon. That’s another route, but I don’t recommend it.

If you have infinite time or want to spend your evening and weekends fighting with Wine, you could get it to work. Maybe some others here have done that. But for me I have such little free time I just spent the money to get it to work quickly. I’m happy with it.

If you don’t want to use the GUI and are happy with the REST API you could just use that with a Mac.

Hello GreviousAngel,
I have similar goals, using the QA403 to profile signal paths in my recording studio. I’m a hardcore Mac user, I’ve got them all over the house for various operations. I have a newer 20core Mac Studio with 128GB of DRAM and 4TB HD for my DAW (which I only use for DAW applications). With all that said, I bought a budget Lenovo 14" laptop and Windows Pro 10 to run QA software. I detailed all that purchase in another thread here. It’s been working great. It was the fast path to getting QA products going for me. I hate wasting time struggling with unknowns, I downloaded the QA app (on my internet Mac) to a memory stick, installed on my new laptop and off to the races learning the software. When you’re in the QA app you don’t see any of the Windows desktop (which is nice).

I hope we’re able to communicate and develop our skills testing recording studio signal paths.

Good music and good testing to you

Mark

I’m also interested in macOS support given it’s possible to remotely control the studio’s analog mastering equipment remotely via plugins. The goal is to work within the DAW. And as I’m getting older with a touch of tinnitus, having the visual instrumentation would be helpful with the upper bands. Or not, but curious nonetheless.

For grins, I might pick up the QA451 as a LB for the guitar amps. Curious what a 6L6 would look like compared to an EL-34 :laughing:

Hello GreviousAngel
I’m a long time Mac user and I’m not a fan of Windows or MS. The QuantAsylum software is so unique and purpose-built that I bought a new inexpensive ($180) Lenovo PC laptop just to run the QA application. It came with Windows 10 Pro preinstalled and the QA software has no problem running on the AMD processor. I installed everything in a 2-rackspace case and the laptop sits on top so it is compact. It’s a self contained system for testing audio gear in my recording studio (API, Neve, Soundcraft, Audio-Scape, Locomotive Audio et al). I made my QA test system compact and self contained so my 20-core Mac Studio and DAW interface can be part of the testing signal path too.

I have Parallels & Windows on another older MacBook. Since the USB interface is so important to the QA test system I went the new PC notebook route and so far it has been good. I spent time refreshing on Windows basics instead of trying to figure out why things were not working in emulation.

Prior to buying my QA test rig I was shopping for a new Audio Precision and their local rep suggested I get a budget PC notebook. He was recommending $400 notebook PC’s from Best Buy. I bought my Lenovo from Amazon.

Welcome to the QA universe. Let us know what test results you come up with. Mark